Marianne Barth is a partner based in the Firm’s San Diego office. She is head of the Firm’s Family and Health Care Law practice group.
For more than 20 years, Ms. Barth has handled complex litigation involving family law, complex business litigation and product liability cases. She has represented individuals in complex divorce, custody and other family law issues as well as physicians, hospitals and other health care professionals in professional malpractice, licensing, regulatory and administrative matters.
Ms. Barth focuses her practice on family law, handling divorces, custody matters, separations and related family law and financial issues. Her years of experience handling complex civil and business litigations has given her the experience, judgment and expertise to understand and successfully resolve the complex financial, business and emotional issues that pervade divorce cases. Having handled many complex litigations involving significant financial matters, Marianne brings a very unique approach to the divorce and family law cases she handles.
Ms. Barth has the highest rating (AV) for both ethics and legal ability from Martindale Hubbell, the leading law firm ranking firm. She has earned a solid reputation amongst clients and judges as a passionate and tenacious advocate, both inside and outside of the courtroom.
Marianne began her career as an associate and, later, a partner of the former, prestigious firm McInnis Fitzgerald Rees & Sharkey. When that firm merged with Higgs Fletcher & Mack, Ms. Barth became a partner at the Higgs firm where she was until she joined the Firm in 2011.
Ms. Barth is a graduate of Villa Maria College and California Western School of Law. She is admitted to practice in both state and federal courts in California. She successfully has tried numerous jury trials to verdict as well as administrative law matters.
- Civil & Business Litigation
- Labor & Employment
- Commercial & Residential Real Estate
- Shareholder Representation & Litigation
- Securities Litigation & FINRA Arbitration
- Strategic Counsel, Corporate Work & Transaction
- Family Law
- California Western School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. - 1988
- Villa Maria College
- B.A. - 1979
- California, 1989
- State Bar of California, Member
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member, 1990 to 2019
- American Bar Association, Member
- Association of Business and Trial Lawyers, 2004 to 2007
- Superior Court of California, Judge Pro Tem
- San Diego County Oxy Task Force
- American Inns of Court, Louis M. Welsh Chapter
- Supreme Court of the State of California, 1989
- San Diego Family Law Bar Association, 2013 to 2019
- San Diego County Bar, Ethics Committee, 2017 to 2019
- San Diego Inn of Court, 1992 to 1998
- Supreme Court of the State of Texas, 2019
- Austin Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Travis County Women Lawyer's Association
- Williamson County Bar Association
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating of AV Preeminent
- San Diego Magazine as one of San Diego's Top Lawyers in Family Law
- Recipient, Tribute to Women & Industry (TWIN) Award
- Recipient, Influential Women in Business Award
- Lieutenant, U.S. Public Health Service
- Prescription Drug Abuse Task Force Member
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Specialist in Family Law, State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, 2018
- McInnis, Fitzgerald, Rees and Sharkey, Partner
- McInnis, Fitzgerald, Rees and Sharkey, Associate
- Seltzer Caplan McMahon Vitek, 2014
Business & Civil Litigation Representation That’s As Confident As Texas